Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Cafe Rio Pork

This is my favorite main dish meal of all time!


CAFÉ RIO PORK
1 pork butt roastSeason with salt, pepper and a little Lawrys Seasoning. Add a cup or 2 of chicken broth and cook on low in a crock pot until it is literally falling apart as you try and get it out of the crock pot.
In a blender combine1 1/2 cans of Coke1 Cup sugarthe sauce from one can of Chipotle Pepper in Adobo sauce (the sauce is what you want, not the peppers, too spicy!)1 tsp Cumin seed1 tsp dry mustard1 tsp minced garlic
Blend until it is all 1 consistency and mixed well.
Take pork out of the crock pot and shred. Get rid or the cooked juices and fat. Put the shredded pork back in the crock pot, add the sauce mixture and cook on low for another hour or two. Then you are done! easy and really good.
For a tip, it is hard to get the Adobo sauce out of the can, so I dunked the peppers in the coke to clean off the sauce and then threw away the peppers as I was done!

Contributed by: Rachel Tollestrup

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I have a question. After the pork is done does it go with something? I see the first picture is with diced tomatos, lettuce, etc. I would like to try this. It looks yummy.

Tollestrup Family said...

I just made it into a burrito with a tortilla, lettuce, tomatoes and some guacamole. I also like the el Torito brand corn bread - it makes a great side.

Dana Fallentine said...

After eating this again tonight, I have to say this is my favorite dinner recipe. I LOVE it, and Matt and I fight over the left overs the next day!