Friday, October 16, 2009

Fabulous Pasta Salad


When you are in a pinch, we have a solution. I make sure to always keep a few of the salad ingredients on my pantry shelf and then improvise with what is in the refrigerator's crisper. In minutes you have a colorful pasta salad to share with a crowd!

The Perfect Pasta Salad

1 lb. pasta cooked to package directions (I like bow tie or tri-colored spirals)
1 16 oz. bottle Zesty Italian Dressing
1 Tbls. Italian Seasoning
1 Tbls. Salad Supreme
1 can kidney beans, rinsed
1 can chick peas, rinsed
1 small can sliced olives

From here you can be creative:
cherry tomatoes
cucumber
small broccoli florets
1/2 - 1 green or red pepper, chopped
1/4 purple onion, chopped
carrot, chopped
pepperoni or diced ham

Toss all ingredients, except Italian dressing, in large bowl. Add approx. 3/4 of the dressing and toss well. Refrigerate. Before serving, stir and you may want to add some additional dressing. The salad is even better the next day!



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Chef E said...

I would like to share that this was my muse for a meal I just made! I love light pasta salad like yours, and its all dressed up in bow ties :)

Dana Fallentine said...

Looks delicious!