Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Cookie Party





SUGAR COOKIES
2/3 cup shortening (1/3 cup butter crisco, 1/3 margarine)
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
4 tsp milk
2 cup sifted flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Cream shortening, sugar, vanilla. Add egg and beat until light and fluffy (2 minutes) then stir in milk. Sift all dry ingredients then add to the wet. Divide dough in half and roll in saran wrap and chill for 1 hour. Roll and cut - only 3-4 times on lightly floured surface 1/8-1/4 inch thick. Bake on greased cookie sheet 375 for 7 minutes.

Rachel had an awesome cookie party last year! The kiddos went crazy decorating! She sent out evites, and got busy baking (it helps that she has two ovens and dishwashers). All her guests enjoyed their creations along with hot chocolate. Her sugar cookie recipe listed above really is amazing! So, treat your neighborhood to a 'cookie party' this year!

3 comments:

Christo Gonzales said...

how cool - I want to go to a cookie party - I will do something like this for my kid - it will be a small party though - like him and me kind of small...

Chef E said...

I miss doing things like this with my kids, but will be making some for an upcoming event! Nice post!

Susan R said...

This is such a cute idea. It would be great for birthdays too. Thanks for sharing it. I'm so going to borrow it.