Saturday, February 13, 2010

Chocolate Ganache Truffles

My friend, Courtney has a sister visiting from New York this week, who knows how to make delicious chocolates! When Courtney asked me what I was giving my husband for Valentine's Day, I answered 'cinnamon rolls' since I've made almost 75 dozen this week (for a girls camp fundraiser). I thought a box of homemade chocolate sounded a lot more thoughtful (especially since I haven't ever done that before) and am so grateful for the techniques Chellae taught us!

These recipe's are from Challae's husbands family, who are originally from Canada. Apparently, back in the day when you had to raise money to build a church this was his gift. He was famous for his delicious creations, and friends and neighbors looked forward to them all year.






Chocolate Ganache
(Truffle Filling)

1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 lb semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup light corn syrup
4T (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract

Place chopped chocolate in a medium sized, heat-proof bowl. Pour cream into a medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and pour over chocolate, Shake bowl and allow to stand for about 2 minutes. Stir with a whisk until smooth. Cool until set. Shape into balls and dip in cocoa powder or chocolate.

1 comments:

Dreams of Perfection said...

These would've totally made my day!