Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Rice-Krispie Fruit Loop Bars


Start with one full bag of marshmallows, I used mini but you can also use the large. Now here come’s the secret. Add

1 cube of butter instead of the 1/4 cup the recipe suggests. Trust me.

Melt in microwave on high for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.

Mix marshmallows and butter until butter melts and mixture is smooth. (If the butter doesn’t melt, microwave for an extra 15 seconds or so.)

Just pour the rice krispies into the bowl without messing with measuring cups. I used an 18 oz. box and had just over 6 cups leftover (sorry I didn’t measure, I just kept pouring until it looked right) You don’t want to add too much rice krispies or they won’t be as soft and gooey as they should be. Add 2 cups of Fruit Loops, and stir!

Mix away. What we’re trying to avoid here is big gloppy amounts of white marshmallow.

Once the marshmallow-butter mixture is evenly mixed in, pour into a pan and allow to set. Enjoy.
Recipe by Renee Johnson

1 comments:

Dana Fallentine said...

Renee made the recipe up as she went along, and it was a HUGE hit! My kids loved them!