Thursday, March 19, 2009

Strawberry Shortcake Trifle & Baby Shower Dessert!

We threw a baby shower for two friends that were expecting babies last week! The food theme was centered around trifles... so yummy! Here is one recipe, more will be coming!


Strawberry Shortcake Trifle

1 Angle Food Cake
1 8 oz. Cream cheese
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. powdered sugar
1 c. sour cream
8 oz. Frozen Whipped Topping (thawed)
2 large container of fresh strawberries

Wash strawberries and remove berry tops. Slice strawberries.
Sprinkle granulated sugar over strawberries. Cut Angel Food
cake into 1-inch squares. Set aside. Blend together cream
cheese, vanilla, powdered sugar, and sour cream until smooth.
Fold in Whipped topping. In a trifle bowl layer ingredients
starting with half the cake cubes, then half of the sliced berries,
and then half of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers and
garnish with strawberries. 

3 comments:

Michie said...

I found you via Tip Junkie. I love my trifle bowl, but I'm the only one in my family who likes pudding. It's hard to find trifle recipes without it. I might have to try this one - thanks!

Unknown said...

This recipe sounds divine ~ I'm hosting a mother's day brunch and decided this dessert will be on the menu!

Unknown said...

It was a hit! Very easy to make and I even used the sweetened whipped cream recipe you have posted as well. The dessert stole the show. Thanks A lot!