Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The easiest pizza dough & breadstick recipe

Before I had my Bosch I threw these ingredients into a bread maker to knead & rise.




Pizza Crust~Bread Stick Recipe~EASIEST, BEST EVER!

10-11 oz water
2t yeast
2T powdered milk
2T sugar
1T butter
1t salt
4 cups flour

Pour warm water into the bosch, then add yeast & sugar. Let sit for 2-5 minutes, then add remaining ingredients. I add the flour one cup at a time while the bosch is on low. Let rise for 1.5 hours with the lid on the mixer. I always pour a circle of olive oil onto my baking stone (a Pampered Chef must have), then roll out the dough after the olive oil is spread everywhere. If I am making bread sticks, I use a pizza cutter to cut breadsticks. You can also roll individual breadsticks if you want to be fancy. When I pull the breadsticks out of the oven, I glide a cold stick of butter over the top of the breadsticks for added flavor. For pizza, I just top the dough with the ingredients. Bake at 420 degrees for 15-18 minutes, or until the crust is light golden brown.

My older kids know how to make these recipe's. If I am away from home during the afternoon, I'll call home and ask them to get this going. It is easy enough that they can get it rising in just a few minutes. This is a fool proof recipe that I've been using since I first got married!

0 comments: