Penne and Chicken Tenderloins with Spiced Tomato Sauce
• 1 teaspoon ground fennel seed
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 pound chicken breast tenders, cut into (1-inch) pieces
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 4 cups canned diced tomatoes, undrained
• 1 cup white wine
• 8 ounces uncooked penne
• 1/4 cup (1 ounce) freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; rub over chicken.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes, turning once. Remove from heat; set aside.
Reduce heat to medium. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds or until garlic is soft. Add tomatoes and wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Add chicken, and simmer 5 minutes.
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. Toss pasta with sauce in a large bowl. Sprinkle with cheese and basil.
Contributed by Becki Cutler