My mother in law gave me this recipes and we love it! It is quick easy, and oh so good!
Sweet and Sour Chicken
1 LB Chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
4 TBSP Corn Starch
1 Bell Pepper, cut into bite sized pieces
1/2 Onion, cut into bite sized pieces
1 Cup Pineapple chunks, fresh or canned
1/2 Cup Carrots, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/3 Cup Vinegar
2/3 Cup Water
1 1/2 TBSP Cornstarch
1 tsp Soy Sauce
4 TBSP Ketchup
Hot Cooked Rice
1. In a large Zip Lock Bag combine chicken and 4 TBSP cornstarch, shake to coat chicken.
2. Heat 2 TBSP oil in a skillet, add chicken and brown. Remove from pan and keep warm.
3. Heat 1 TBSP oil in skillet, add garlic, onions, carrots and peppers. Stir fry until tender-crisp.
4. Meanwhile, in a sauce pan combine sugar, vinegar, water, 1 1/2 TBSP cornstarch, and soy sauce. Mix until combined and cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add 4 TBSP Ketchup.
5. Add chicken to skillet as well as pineapple. Stir in sauce and heat through.
Measurement Conversions 1 tablespoon = 3 teaspoons 1/16 cup = 1 tablespoon 1/8 cup = 2 tablespoons 1/6 cup = 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons 1/4 cup = 4 tablespoons 1/3 cup = 5 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon 3/8 cup = 6 tablespoons 1/2 cup = 8 tablespoons 2/3 cup = 10 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons 3/4 cup = 12 tablespoons 1 cup = 48 teaspoons 1 cup= 16 tablespoons 8 fluid ounces = 1 cup 1 pint = 2 cups 1 quart = 2 pints 4 cups = 1 quart 1 gallon = 4 quarts 16 ounces = 1 pound
Cookbook of the Month
We created this blog as wives and mothers to share meals that our families love. These are our most cherished recipe's.
As friends, we often find ourselves conversing about food (who doesn't), and thought this would be a great place to share! Isn't it such a treat to try a recipe that everyone in another family eats! These recipe's are for real! We have tried and tested, and even taken pictures of them in our own kitchens!
Our goal is to eventally print cookbooks! Won't it be fun to have all the delicious recipe's that we really make in one book!
Feel free to take a linky, and leave a comment as you try a recipe or two!