Saturday, January 1, 2011

Raspberry Pretzel Squares

This has become a Thanksgiving side dish tradition. It sounds strange, but trust me - this dish is so so yummy!


2 2/3 Cups Chopped Pretzels
1 1/2 Cubes Butter
12 oz Cream Cheese
1 1/4 Cups Sugar
1 large package of frozen raspberries
3/4 Carton Cool Whip
1 large package of strawberry Jello
2 Cups Pineapple Juice

1. Cream Cream Cheese and Sugar, set aside.
2. Mix pretzels and butter, press into a 9x13 pan and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
3. Spread cream cheese mixture over pretzels. (This is tough, and I usually end up mixing the pretzels and cream cheese together)
4. Spread cool whip over the top and chill.
5. Dissolve jello in hot pineapple juice, add the frozen berries and let it set up slightly. Pour over the top of the cool whip and refrigerate.

4 comments:

Dana Fallentine said...

This is a new one for me... looks amazing!

♥peachkins♥ said...

It does look amazing! Happy new year and looking forward to reading more of your posts!

Mrs. Davison said...

Yummmm...thanks for the recipe

Chef E said...

I think you have just given me an idea for a combo post dessert...I saw oreo truffles on someone else site, and when I read pretzel, well it just came together!

I wish I was a fan of raspberry, but hubby is...