Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Slow Cooker *Spicy* Curried Chicken

My oldest and dearest friend, Jess, shared this slow cooker recipe. She raved about it and said it was her fav - so I had to give it a try. This is not for those that can't take the heat...because let me tell you - this is super spicy! We enjoyed it, and I can't wait to play around with the ingredients. I want to substitute the onions and peppers for potatoes and carrots.


Ingredients

1 ½ cups chopped onions (I do ½-one onion)

1 medium green bell pepper chopped

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite size pieces

1 cup medium salsa

2 tsp grated fresh ginger

½ tsp garlic powder

½ tsp red pepper flakes

¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro

1 tsp sugar

1 tsp curry powder

¾ tsp salt

Hot cooked rice

Directions

Place onions & peppers in bottom of crockpot. Top with chicken.

Combine salsa, ginger, garlic powder & pepper flakes in small bowl & spoon over chicken

Cook on Low for 5-6 hours or High 2-3 hours

Combine cilantro, sugar, curry powder and salt in small bowl. Stir mixture into crockpot for an additional 15 min on High until hot.

Serve over rice.

2 comments:

♥peachkins♥ said...

I always love my curry with coconut milk!

Dana Fallentine said...

I like spicy! I'll have to try it!