Thursday, December 30, 2010

Funeral Potatoes

This is a dish my mom always made growing up on holidays. I love it, and it is the ultimate comfort food.




7-8 Potatoes, boiled until very soft, cooled, peeled, and grated (Or use simply potatoes or frozen hashbrowns)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
2 TBSP melted butter
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 cup crushed corn flakes
1 cup parmesan cheese
2-4 TBSP melted butter

Place potatoes in a greased cake pan.
Combine soup, 2 TBSP butter, milk, sour cream, and cheddar cheese. Spoon over potatoes.
Combine corn flakes, parmesan and butter. Sprinkle on top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

4 comments:

Chef E said...

I want to know where the name came from? I also love your milk gift post! I just saw a piece on powdered milk, and was thinking of how great it would be to use it again one day...I grew up on it at times.

Happy New Year!

Chef E said...

I want to know where the name came from? I also love your milk gift post! I just saw a piece on powdered milk, and was thinking of how great it would be to use it again one day...I grew up on it at times.

Happy New Year!

Kadee said...

The name stems from the fact that when I grew up this recipe was pretty much known by all of the women at church...and at a funeral - this dish was always brought for the luncheon.

Dana Fallentine said...

I love comfort food!