1 box Devil Food's cake
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
1 small jar of hot fudge topping
*2 cups of toffee bits
*2 cups of mini chocolate chips
1 (12 oz) tup of Cool Whip, thawed
(*I'm hearing that the toffee bits are a "seasonal item," I don't know why, usually I just get a bunch to have on hand. Anyway, if you can't find toffee bits, you'll just want to crush up four Heath or Scor bars and use the crushed pieces instead of the toffee bits and mini chocolate chips.)
1. Bake cake as directed
2. As soon as you pull the cakes out of the oven, poke holes all over using the end of a wooden spoon, or some other round object
3. Pour the sweetened condensed milk all over the cake and even out with spatula
4. Repeat that step with the butterscotch topping, reserving just a little bit to drizzle on the finished cake
5. Sprinkle toffe bits and chocolate chips or crushed up candy bars all over cake and then let cool for 15 minutes.
6. Chill in refrigerator for at least an hour
7. Just before serving, spread Cool Whip on cake, sprinkle for toffee/chocolate pieces on top, and drizzle the butterscotch and chocolate syrup for a beautiful presentation.
Special Note*** If you try #7 somewhere other than the kitchen you might even get better results!!***
Have Fun!! :-)