Friday, March 6, 2009

Tuscan Bread Salad

I love this European Style salad!!!

Tuscan Bread Salad


1 loaf dense crusty bread
1 large ball of fresh Mozarella cheese
1 large tomato
1 yellow or red pepper
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
Dressing:
1 clove garlic, minced
6 tablespoons olive oil

3 tablespoons Balsamic or red wine vinegar

salt and pepper, to taste

Combine dressing ingredients and blend well; set aside. Cut cheese, tomato and pepper into 1-inch cubes and transfer to salad bowl with chopped basil. Pour dressing over cheese and veggies to marinate while cutting and toasting bread. Cut bread into 1-inch cubes and toast in oven until lightly brown. Add bread cubes to salad bowl and mix well to coat all pieces. Serve immediately.

1 comments:

Susan R said...

Cyd
I love this salad. I made it to go with our dinner last night. We loved it! My kids can't seem to get enough bread and I want them to eat more vegies, so this was a win win situation. Thank! You're amazing.