Bring home a little Italy...
RASPBERRY CHOCOLATE TIRAMISU
A traditional Italian trifle recipe remade with new flavors and pasteurized egg.
This recipe serves about 24. You can do 2/3rds the recipe and use a 9 x 13 or 3 quart dish.
1 cup of pasteurized egg product (like Reddiegg--
or pasteurized eggs in the shell, but they are hard to find)
1 cup sugar
24 ounces Marscapone (Trader Joe's)
2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
4 Dozen Savioardi or Ladyfingers (North Park Produce or seasonally at Trader Joe's)
2 cups strong, dark hot chocolate (If desired, you could melt 1/4 cup chocolate chips in it,
or add 1/4 teaspoon almond extract once it has cooled off a bit)
1 cup Raspberry Spread (Trader Joe's) (optional)
2 cups fresh raspberries
1. Whip egg with sugar. Blend in Marscapone cheese. Fold in whipped cream.
2. One at a time, dip half of the Savioardi into the cooled off hot chocolate (think moist, not soggy) and place in a single layer in a 15 x 10 or 4 quart dish.
3. Spread half of the Marscapone mixture on top of the Savioardi.
4. Repeat step 2, this time spreading the Raspberry Spread on top of the soaked Savioardi.
5. Spread the rest of the Marscapone mixture on top. Dust with cocoa powder and top with raspberries.
6. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Even better made a day in advance.