Thursday, December 11, 2008

Fabrina Hot Cereal

This is a $$$ money saver!!!




Farina Hot Cereal

I buy Farina Cereal from the bulk bins at Henry's. My kids love it! I can feed my family of 6 breakfast for all of .75 (cents!!!).

Recipe for 4 servings (feeds my family... we add fruit as well):

3 cups water
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt (optional)
3/4 cup Farina Cereal

Directions:

1. Add Farina Hot Cereal and salt slowly to boiling water (& milk) while stirring.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat.
3. Allow to simmer 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove from heat and cover. Let stand until desired consistency is reached.

My kids top with honey, granola, stevia, fruit... just whatever we have around.

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Reeni said...

I love Farina! I have been buying my nuts, dried fruits, and grains in bulk, it's a lot cheaper and I can just get a little if that's all I need. Great tip!