Tuesday, December 2, 2008

White Hot Chocolate

You have not tasted a gourmet mug of hot chocolate until you have sipped a steaming sip of this divine drink! My guests stop and say... WHAT is this????? Yummy!


White Hot Chocolate

What better way to warm your heart than a steaming cup of hot chocolate!
Ingredients:

  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 6 cups whole milk
  • 12 ounces white chocolate , finely chopped
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 block dark chocolate
Using a vegetable peeler, shave chocolate into curls; set aside.

Place white chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl; set aside. Place milk and cream in a medium saucepan set over medium heat until bubbles begin to form around edges of pan (about 4 minutes). Do not boil.

Remove mixture from the flame. Immediately pour over white chocolate. When chocolate begins to melt, gently stir to combine.

Whisk in vanilla. Continue whisking until light foam forms.

Serve immediately. Garnish with chocolate shavings or homemade marshmallows.


I first tried this recipe right after Martha was on
Oprah in November of 2001. This has since been one of my most cherished recipe's! My kids love to make the homemade marshmallows as well!

I make a big double batch in my crockpot, line up the mugs... and everyone raves! This is the perfect treat for stories by the fireplace!


Recipe created by by Martha Stewart

3 comments:

Zesty Cook said...

This sounds and looks amazing! Great post.

zesty

Joie de vivre said...

How yummy and warming.

Reeni said...

Lindt white chocolate is one of my favorites! I didn't know Martha was on Oprah, I don't know how I missed that one. I want to dive into that Hot Chocolate!