Sunday, June 14, 2009

Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert

This amazing dessert is sure to be a huge hit!

This is the ultimate pool party dessert! It is perfect for a large group, and a nice change from the usual popsicles given out.

Anything with Skor bars, whipped cream, ice cream sandwiches, caramel and chocolate is destined to be a winner!

Baby Nate thought this dessert was good enough to dig for seconds!

Michael & Jenna enjoying squirt gun fun!

Laurie dishing up...O....yummy....yummy...

Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert

Ingredients:

24 ice cream sandwiches
1 family sized container of Cool Whip
1 jar caramel sauce
1 bag of Heath Bits (baking section) or 4 smashed Skor bars
9*13 pan (a disposable deep baking pan is the best)

1. Unwrap and cover entire bottom of pan with ice cram sandwiches.
2. Spread Cool Whip over top of bars, reserving half for the second layer.
3. Drizzle with caramel sauce and chocolate syrup.
4. Sprinkle with Heath bits.
5. Repeat above, beginning with the ice cream sandwiches, topping off with remaining Heath Bits. Leave caramel sauce and chocolate syrup off and serve on the side.
6. Freeze. Remove from freezer approximately 20 minutes prior to serving. ENJOY!

Recipe from Liz Parmley

14 comments:

Heather S-G said...

What a fun summer treat! Your pictures seriously made me want to be at a pool party!! Fun :D

Christo Gonzales said...

pool party - can you see I am green with envy? this dessert is by far the most decadent thing I have seen in a while...

chow and chatter said...

wow now thats a treat summer fun adorable kids

Cynthia said...

Ladies, it is a pleasure to discover your blog!

Dana, thanks for visiting an leading me here.

Rachel said...

How perfect for a summer party...or for just no occasion at all :) Heath bars are my absolute favorite!!!

Anonymous said...

Definitely perfect for a summer treat especially at a fun pool party!

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

Wow-that definitely is a party pleaser!! What a fun treat :)

RecipeGirl said...

Are you kidding me??? This is fabulous. I'm taking this idea to the beach house w/ me this summer. The kids will go nuts (& something tells me the adults just might too!!) Thanks for sharing such an easy, fun summery treat idea.

Maria said...

I just went into sugar shock! What an awesome dessert!

Justin said...

omg, that is a crazy-looking dessert... so decadant and such a great cheat. nice one.

Kathy said...

I've made this before and we LOVE it!!! Perfect for summer!!!

I left you and the girls an award over on our blog!!! :o)

SavvyGirl said...

Dana -- as always, it looks fantastic!! Can't wait to try it out.

Jenny Stanger said...

I'm posting this recipe on my blog. My sister-in-law made this cake for our family reunion this year and I LOVED it. DO you mind if I use one of your pictures? We ate our cake too fast before I could take a picture. Thank you for your blog! Freezerdinner.com

Dana Fallentine said...

It's fine with me if you use one of the top two pics. Thanks for asking.