Friday, October 24, 2008

Chicken Gyros

This is a 'feel good' recipe... you just 'feel good' after you eat it!


Chicken Gyros

12 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast
2 Tbsp. olive oil
½ tsp. dried oregano crushed
¼ tsp. garlic powder
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. coarsely ground pepper
4 pitas
4 lettuce leaves
1 small tomato chopped
½ c. alfalfa sprouts

Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
½ plain non-fat yogurt
¼ c. chopped cucumber
1 Tbsp finely chopped onion
1 Tbsp. snipped parsley
½ tsp. lemon juice
1/8 tsp. garlic powder

Cover, chill until serving.

Brush chicken with olive oil. Combine spices and sprinkle on chicken. Cook on skillet in hot oil on medium heat until done. Cut into strips. Serve!




Contributed by Maren Parker

1 comments:

Kim W said...

I'm a big fan of your blog. I didn't even realize until yesterday that this was here in Poway stake. I'm a little slow that way. Ha! Thanks for sharing these amazing recipes. I also hope you don't mind that I put your blog on my "Chow Line" list. I'm a total foodie!