Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Waffles with Strawberries

My kids LOVE to make waffles. My family is really into... breakfast! I try to feed them healthy & nutritious food before they leave for school every day, and it is a tiresome job. I have to admit: big breakfasts are a lot of work! Then strawberry season rolls around, and everything suddenly tastes yummy! My children feel like princes and princesses after a meal that includes waffles and freshly picked strawberries. Even as I am typing this, my 3 year old daughter is on my lap saying "Ohhh... I love that!". This is a favorite:
...Wonderful Waffles with Strawberries...


2 eggs
2 cups buttermilk
2 cups flour
2 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1/3 cup butter, melted
4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
Whipped cream or ice-cream, as desired

Heat waffle iron. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add buttermilk, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and melted butter and beat until smooth. Pour batter from cup or pitcher onto center of hot, lightly greased waffle iron. Cook 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove waffle carefully. Top with syrup, strawberries, whipped cream or ice cream as desired. Makes about 4 cups of batter or about 4-8 waffles, depending on the size of the waffle iron.

This is one of Julie Badger Jenson's recipe's from her Essentials cook book.

2 comments:

Card Swap Hotties said...

These look yummy...waffles are my favorite "special" breakfast food

chow and chatter said...

wow thye look so good