Monday, May 11, 2009

Orange Chicken


This orange chicken recipe is the This orange chicken recipe is the perfect weeknight meal when you are pressed for time. Just dump everything in the Crock pot, and, 4-8 hours later, it's ready.
The kids really like this recipe for orange chicken, because it's a bit sweet. Adults won't believe how much this Crock pot orange chicken tastes like the orange chicken you'd get at a Chinese restaurant.

Ingredients:

2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup orange marmalade
1/2 cup mustard
1/2 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. finely grated fresh ginger
3 scallions, chopped
Preparation:

Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces. Place in the slow cooker.

Sprinkle flour over chicken and toss well to coat.

In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken. Cook on high 4 hours or low 6-8 hours.
Serve with rice.

Contributed by Becki Cutler

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds delicious - i can't wait to try it, my daughter will definitely love this for dinner!

Kadee said...

This looks great!

Reeni said...

Orange chicken is one of my favorites. This looks great!

Chef E said...

Oh you have found one of my weaknesses! YUM!

Heather S-G said...

Yum orange chicken! Love the ginger and love orange chicken from Chinese restaurants...must try this!

Culinary Wannabe said...

I am totally obsessed with my slow cooker. Thanks for another great recipe! I'm going to make this tomorrow so that I can go to the golf course all day and my husband will think I've been slaving away in the kitchen! :)

Christo Gonzales said...

spice it up a bit and I am all over it.....it looks so good ....