Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Marinated Cucumber Salad

This is one of my favorite side dishes for the warmer months.  I look forward to all of the fresh produce that comes along with summer.  This dish is great with any meal, or as a healthy snack.


Marinated Cucumber Salad

1 Cucumber, sliced
1 Avocado, sliced
1 Tomato, cut into wedges (optional)
1/4 C Heinz Gourmet Salad Vinegar
1/4 C Olive Oil
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning blend
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper

Toss ingredients together, and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes prior to serving.

4 comments:

theUngourmet said...

This salad looks terrific! Can't wait to try it! I love anything that calls for avocado!

Dana Fallentine said...

This looks like the perfect side, Kadee! So healthy! Cucumbers are .40 this week at Henrys. Perfect timing!

Chef E said...

I grew up on pickled cucumbers, and these sound really good, so I am going to try it!

Kathy said...

Wow!!! This sounds really good!!! Very interesting - I've never heard of this before or this combination!! Putting it on my to-try list!!! Thanks for sharing :o)