Cafe Rio - Enchilada Style Burritos1 1/2 LB Pork Loin
about 9 Uncooked Flour Tortillas
2 - 15oz cans Mild Green Chili Enchilada Sauce
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 - 15oz can Black Beans
1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, grated
1 cup rice
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
(Cilantro chopping tip - use your kitchen shears to cut it from the bunch.)
1. Cut pork into cubes and place in slow cooker with 1/3 Cup Water. Season with salt, pepper, and Garlic Salt. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Remove from cooker and drain. Shred meat with a fork and place in a bowl. In another bowl mix about 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce and brown sugar until combined. Pour over pork, mix well.
2. For Rice: cook in chicken broth instead of water. Cook just as you would if you were cooking in water.
3. Drain and rinse beans.
4. Cook tortillas on a heated skillet over medium heat until blistered.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray. Pour 1/2 cup enchilada sauce into the pan.
6. Assemble burritos by layering
pork, rice, cheese, beans, and cilantro. I try to keep mine small, although some people like to make giant burritos. I like them small because you can really taste the combination of flavors while eating them.
7. Roll up and place in pan. Continue until pan is full. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
7. Bake for about 30 minutes until bubbly and cheese is melted.